The kitchen backsplash is the area or border that protects the wall that’s behind a kitchen sink or a stove against splashed liquide.g. water or oil. The kitchen backsplash comes in a variety of material and colors to suit the homeowners taste and also to complement his desired design. The backsplash should be made of a material that is easy to clean and easy to maintain. It should also be durable and resistant to heat if it is behind a stove and resistant to water if behind a sink.
Some of the popular materials that make good kitchen backsplashes include:
- Copper: A copper backsplash that has a textured finish adds more warmth to the kitchen while also protecting your wall.
- Tin: If you are doing a traditional theme tin would be a good backsplash because it brings in the element of traditional and old-fashioned into the modern environment.
- Stone: They add an organic beautiful look to a kitchen’s backsplash but make sure that you chose your stone carefully because some collect dirt, are porous or are very difficult to clean.
- Tiles: They offer a cheap solution to backsplash material. They are often preferred because they are easy to clean and they don’t wear out easily. You could choose to have checkered tile, plain tiles or tiles that have design motifs on them.
- Sheet metal: You don need to have much experience to install them so even the home owner could install them him or herself. They are cheap and are readily available at any hardware store but the downside is because it is a metal it has a potential to rust when it comes into contact with water. It is advisable to use it as a backsplash for the stove tops.
With everything considered a kitchen backsplash is a good way to protect your wall from unwanted stains.